love actually, 2007
29 June 2003,

Warning: Technology can backfire. Installing new software to enable a better functioning of the machine results in its falling apart.

Have to thus switch on the computer to study history notes typed in (but can�t be printed out).

Had a shitty rehearsal yesterday night. Missed a lot of counts and markers. Argh. Disastrous. And it�s like 41 days more?

Goals

As much as the word sounds big, it can be in reality small and simple things. Of course, one�s goal can be conquering the Everest or, on something close to our (wretched) hearts, get 4As in the coming block tests. Yet sometimes, I doubt myself in getting them. I believe in realistic goals.

Such as my shameful-for-a-humans-student target, 1B, 2Cs and 1E (for Maths). That will of course jeopardize my end year grades but at least it is a pragmatic gauge to start with, considering that I really didn�t study much.

I�m an optimist, so I will always look on the bright side of life. So if I can�t even meet this minimum, then something must be seriously wrong but it will also push me to work much harder in the remaining 6 months to promos. After all, life is not just about academic results. It is about having to enjoy every moment of it, even if it�s work. So never brood over poor results. Take them in your stride.

And like short run and long run average costs, goals too. Short-term goals provide an impetus for us to continue living from day to day. But long-term goals are collectively the purpose of living. Be it ambitions or dream homes - something that you can envision yourself after 2 decades. It�s human nature to take comfort in knowing naively that short-term goals don�t kill those long-term ones. But often that not, long-term goals are an aggregate of those of short-term. My point is, as much as being an optimist, you�ve got to do your best still in order to boost up the chances of making your dream come true.

So much for a convoluted piece.

My short-term goal? Do well for NDP. And the long-term goal� to get into NDP Exco/ Emcee NDP/Creative Director for NDP�

12:40 pm







eXTReMe Tracker