love actually, 2007
21 July 2003,

In One Minute

Technology backfires. Human capacity is limited. I spent yesterday till 2 a.m. typing on the section of the ACS Integrated Programme for the SMU Symposium. And today as I emailed the stuff, voila! The document mysteriously disappeared. Must have been the drowsiness I suffered in the darkness of the morning that caused me to erased all my hard work away. If only I had it in paper and pen, then the paper may be spotted with some of my drool but apart from that, everything will be immortalized.

Feel like responding to so many blog entries. They are all intellectually intriguing or emotionally evoking. Take Junrong�s entry on the evolutions of languages and cultures in view of globalisation for example. Gave a mini entry in four parters on his tagboard. Wanted to write more but alas, time is not on my side. Playing Aunt Agony isn�t the best job for me � I end up agonizing everyone else. But sometimes, I really hope to bring light to one�s life. Currently, I can bring humour � deadpan lame humour which risks of extinction not because I�m growing older and hence mature (I�ll do my utmost best to be a kid at heart in normal life.), rather I�m on a �suicidal� rampage as Gullnaz put it in plunging myself into so many activites, life has become work. Play has become work. And work becomes computer.

That means I need to change my spectacles soon. And bravo Andre, you will never spot me in contact lenses. That is a no-no for me! I cannot overcome the psychological barrier of putting something lethal (at least to me) in my eyes. It looks� gruesome. Oops. No offence to the United Kingdom of Contact Lenses. I don�t want to be killed in a barren place just because I placed contact lenses in bad light and divulged that on net.

Laid the foundation stone to HSSRP today. Have to step on the pedal and speed fast into proper work so as to meet the somewhat elusive deadline of end August. 150 surveys to be printed out by next week. Don�t worry. They will not be sensitive questions. I intend them to be a 2 paged A4 sized questionnaire that can be filled up in 10 minutes. After all, the incidence of hard work should lie on the researcher, not those innocent beings who faced the daunting survey questions (at least that�s what everyone looks like when they have surveys, the feeling is parallel to being bombarded by a parade of cans for flag days).

And last but not least, NDP 2003! A fantastic show to anticipate! I will give a full commentary on N-Day Eve�s Eve on what to expect. Hopefully, EVERYONE will switch on their televisions to join in the celebrations. But it was really touching at the end of the NE Show last Saturday when the students join in unison singing �One United People� in the Grand Finale. They had a choice of singing them but they sang anyway. And you know that it�s not recorded when you heard angelic, albeit un-harmonized voices reverberating in the stadium. That should put the audience to Previews and NDP proper to shame. As usual, the tears came by and I was fighting hard to suppress my tears. (It will not be good if the camera finds me a good close-up feature and show a tearing guy to the entire stadium.) Really touched by how united we can be, and can become.

But that�s another story... which I intend to send to S-T. Hopefully, they will feature it in their Forum, or even better, in their N-Day Special.

If I have the time.

11:40 pm







eXTReMe Tracker