20 October 2003,
Why Gloomy
No. Don't worry. I have no suicidal tendencies. So please do not be alarmed by this blog design. I just ripped it off and have made only slight changes. But don't expect it to be too red and white. Haha. It does not mean that the National Day season is over. (In fact, it's far from over.) But whenever year-end comes, I will be begin my "emotional stocktaking" as I like to call it, as I reflect on what I have done for the past year. And yes, continuing with what I have done for the past 3 years on Free Open Diary, I shall have a 5-parter year end entry on my thoughts of 2003 and, of course, hopes for 2004 published on blog on 31 Dec 2003. I'm naming it "The Moment.03" temporarily. Shall think of a more original name as the time comes.
Anyway, promos' over. I don't dare to make any over the top estimations. Shall give myself a disastrous 4-Cs grade, which falls short of my own expectations. That said and done. It's bright days ahead, since there is really no point in crying over spilled milk. Whether I will get S Econs and Hist, now that's another issue.
But I have been, shall I say, not in the most of the celebratory mood over the weekend. Partly, it's biological. After binging for the past 5 days (Thurs: Sakae Sushi, Fri: Dumplings, LJS. Sat: Fish n Co, Sun: Curry Fish Head) and not exercising at all, I think I hardly have the stomach for partying.
More importantly, it's just recollecting the past days, and feeling helpless in achieving my goals as the waves of time just sweep you over. Nostalgia. But that's too deep a topic to go into. Shall leave it at this.
There are other stuff to settle. Finished the video tapes with Atlanta 96, Sydney 2000 Olympics Opening Ceremonies, Esplanade Opening and Harbour Spectacular, S'pore Jubilee Spectacular 1990 (That's to celebrate Singapore's silver jubilee), and now I'm only left with Barcelona 92. Watching all these tapes, I just can't wait for Athens 2004 to come on 13 Aug next year. Think I will stay up at 2 am to watch the Athens 04 opening ceremony. Always love watching how the host nation shows their best to the world, that sense of patriotism and pride in the country. If only S'pore could host something like that, we will be able to put on one of the best Games, and opening and closing ceremonies to the world.
To explain why I'm hardly free nowadays, I'm busy designing the NDP 2004 logo that I intend to submit for selection. It has to be done by today. So I can give them on Tuesday. ARGH!!! Working on the complicated Adobe Photoshop is driving me crazy. And of course, squeezing in some time to play computer games (simulation games that is, like SimCity).
On a happier thought, (and no, I'm not at my window ledge) I got a new discman. One that has an anti shock system so that I can listen to my CD in peace and not trying to constantly hit my bag to get the damn machine going.
Well, well, that's all folks!
12:21 am