5 December 2004,
I hate Orchard. It�s just a motley collection of fleeting faces, isolated souls and spiritless buildings.
And to add to that � scrappy pieces of cloth that costs a few hundred dollars. I have never in my life seen and touch a whopping 500 bucks jacket, for instance. So frequently that I saw clothes at these exorbitant prices that I have made it a point to find the price tag once I eyed a piece. The worse thing was these tags are often inconspicuous and I ended up literally digging for them. Embarrassing.
Shit. I think I spelt �embarrassing� wrongly in one of the A Level Papers�
Anyway, I shall not divulge too much of what I�ll wear for prom, though it is now certain (to many peoples� wishes) that I am not doing a cowboy. There are two choices though, one codenamed Si1 Wen1 (Bai4 Lei4) found at Zara, and the other is Topman�s �Ah Xin� (Lead Singer from Mayday because he wore something like it for one MTV). Hope it will stand out from the rest of the 700 people�
Nonetheless, prom shopping is still a very tiring affair. Walking from one end of Orchard Road to another, looking into a whole variety of stores that probably a few hundred others have been to before, deciding what exactly to get� Come to think of it, it�s pretty pointless. It�s just one night when everyone strives to look like a superstar. But I hope it will end JC life on a high note.
I still cannot believe it is the end of JC life. I feel I have just drifted past the two years. There seems to be a hell lot of things I have done at HC, but I cannot remember any one of them vividly. Then every night when I close my eyes, the terror of A Levels haunt me and it is with much insecurity that I sleep. I have been trying to get myself to forget this, but easier said than done � all the plans I have drawn up now need urgent reviewing. And my life is now in a psychological flux. However, since it is the first real test Heaven has set, for a person whose life has been smooth-sailing so far, there is only two ways out of this � either I fail completely and be dejected, or I emerge as a stronger person. Clich�, yes, but eternally true.
Now my psychologist�s words ring true in my mind. The results aren�t important; it�s the character. Well, it�s a different path, but I shall and have to learn to adapt to it.
11:03 pm