love actually, 2007
15 May 2005,

Everybody's Changing


May Day fireworks!
Originally uploaded by ndpfanatic.
How the world has changed. I count in my circle of friends an idol-to-be, a fan club's vice chairwoman, a trainee DJ, numerous teachers and equally numerous foreign affair officers of tomorrow. I have also seen a lot of previously unthinkable things, such as unbelievable matches, and friends taking up and ending up unexpectedly loving their occupations.

It is interesting when you stand aside, as an objective party, looking at the world of today. Undoubtedly, my eyes are more sensitive to character flaws now. And that's not just because of the variety of people I interact with at camp. The pampered, the indifferent, the violent, the arrogant, the worrywart, the sympathizer - and you realize that analyzing human characters is the same as looking in a kaleidoscope.

Ever present in our lives as well, the human rat race, or perhaps I should term it the Singaporean rat race, the fervent paper chase, and perhaps the indignation and disappointment from failing to cross one of the many hurdles in this stiff competitive environment, which often is the case.

I must admit I was once a victim. But I have quite sorted it out, and life to me today is as beautiful as it is in the past. Taking simple pleasures in life, and continue to strive to fulfill my dreams - I have finally started preparing for the record-breaking attempt. So yes, I am a happy person, with no wish to worry over scholarships (and what happens beyond that), but with a wish to just live life in a happy manner.

I won't worry my life away, indeed as that Jason Mraz's song goes, and while those harrowing nights when I tossed and turned in bed, unable to sleep, seem as if they happened years ago, the loss of joy made me realize that the biggest asset in life is none other than happiness, not material success. So, while this may look retro to those who've seen my OD, I am back on track to search for my Desired Happiness.

10:20 am







eXTReMe Tracker