love actually, 2007
8 July 2006,

Hello I’m Johnny. And I am pretty confused. You see, I am a different person to different people. I can be lame, yet be told that I look too serious; I talk too much yet, I can appear as rather quiet. Depending on the day, sometimes I joke around with the wrong bunch, hur-hur, and vice-versa.

Beneath the flag-waving patriotism and “nice-ness”, there’s the rest of the iceberg, submerged and not visible. I fancy food and ambience. The “and” is important. Sadly the cost is equally important. I don’t like sweets, and have acquired a taste for white chocolate only because it tastes like condensed milk, which I scoop to drink when the uncle doesn’t stir my cup of milk tea.

On the point of ambience, I believe music creates the mood. I listen to radio, rather than downloading the entire Class 95 or Lush 99.5 into mp3, as the choice of songs is unpredictable and the DJ can be entertaining. Even podcasts or the “random” button on your ipod can never solve fully.

I collect collar pins. Andre’s World Cup 06 pins, and Athens 04 pin “Uncle Teo” got are some of my most treasured ones. I appreciate drama, especially those that touches on issues closest to my heart – home and identity. This relates to the films I watch – where the story should grip my senses, not superheroes with bad fashion taste.

As a Libran, I believe in fairness and justice. Of course, the world doesn’t work that way. And there is just too many times people take advantage of my kindness. Not getting worked up on the surface does not mean those Ally McBeal-like illusions don’t start running in my head.

But I believe harmony is the key to one’s well-being. And to find inner peace, I mostly like to spend time alone at the cafes, bookstores or cinemas (since no one else watches art house flicks), walking down SG River, or just enjoy the sights that pass by the bus windows on that long ride home.

Then there are other things: I don’t believe in today’s notion of love. I appreciate intelligence more than beauty. I find myself a misfit in the gender I am and the community I live in. And I believe I am either addicted to my computer or being egoistic.

Which is why the blog, an instrument to broadcast my narcissism, is back to life again. (not just because I am trying to keep this account alive.)

12:47 am







eXTReMe Tracker